Some young people perceive the educational process as a nightmare, but these are only subjective feelings. The fact is that you have to write dozens of assignments every week. Are you ready to say that you know how to craft an organized research results section like a pro? Where should any student start, and what are the most crucial nuances to the writing process? Surely you are burning with impatience! Here are the most useful secrets to keep you from getting depressed over tricky topics.
So What Is the Results Section, and Why Is It So Crucial?
Real experts can do this in the blink of an eye. But first-year students should start with the basics. As a rule, the research results section includes the final info you received in math or data analysis. Try to abstract away from interpretations: your goal is to show what you have found. At this stage, you should act like typical scientists who love statistics and nothing more.
Try not to make mistakes and follow the original plan. Besides, you must write the results section of a research paper before your main discussion part. Do you want to know why this is so crucial? This rule allows you to first point to the data you have received and then evaluate your work's importance and relevance. However, you can take the easy route and find the best writing service. Surely delegating your paper will save you time. Here are some good writing services you should check. But let's not get distracted from the main mission.
How to Craft a Top-Notch Result Section?
Want to raise the curtain and find out all the secrets? First of all, you must do your research. Moreover, you should understand that writing the results section of a research article is not an easy task. In addition, this part of your assignment may contain text and other crucial elements that will help you reveal the essence of your work. Here is a sequence of steps for those who want to create a good assignment.
- Everything you put in this part should support your claims (it is crucial).
- Don't ignore negative results. Perhaps they are also crucial for correcting your ideas.
- Add a summary but don't forget to at least briefly describe what data you got.
- Drawings, tables, and diagrams will allow you to show the info you have received in detail.
- Keep in mind that this is something like a basic report, but you don't need to describe where you found the data.
- Stick to APA basics or the style your professor has indicated.
By adhering to these rules, you will be able to achieve your goals. So you no longer have to ask questions like, "How to write the results section of a research paper?" But do not forget that you must only add correct data and not interpret any info! You will have the chance to do it later, so you better pay attention to primary tasks.
Crafting the Results and Discussion Assignment Sections: The Main Differences and Nuances
The devil is in the details, so let's talk about the contrast between these two parts. There is nothing worse than learners who don't know where to start. So let's get started: it is unlikely that you should hesitate and look for workarounds. Writing the results section of a research paper is about publishing the final data that you have obtained empirically. You should never forget this nuance. For example, you ate ten chocolates and ten gummy bears.
Of course, you can partially describe your data or the process of eating. But the next paper part is more suitable for interpreting the data, describing the taste of candies and marmalade, or giving preference to some types of sweets. Perhaps you should look up the sample results section of a research paper. Take your time and read each sentence carefully. This strategy will allow you to work out the details and avoid mistakes. Take your time and carefully formulate each sentence.
Helpful Tips to Start Writing
Usually, first-year students should look at one or even two examples before writing. But this advice is pretty obvious. So this is why you should choose a different strategy before trying to analyze any samples. Writing a research results section is not like a regular walk in the park, so here are five tips to help you stand out from the crowd.
- Craft this part in the past tense.
- Keep it short and legible so that your professor can review your work quickly.
- Stick to the AMA, MLA, BB, or Chicago guide to doing your assignment like a pro.
- Check out relevant samples that are similar to your topic.
- Feel free to ask your professor if something goes wrong.
So these five tips are basic for those who want to craft a solid results section of a research paper. And try not to rush, especially if you've encountered such a tricky assignment part for the first time. Besides, you should proceed to this part after doing all the work and be confident in the result.
How About a Good Example?
Surely you are still worried because you are afraid to take the wrong step. That is why you need the example results section of a research paper. Seeing top samples, you can start writing without delay. Here is an example so you can save time.
- Overall, the study found that over 86% of students experience sleep problems. Approximately 50% of respondents (50 people) sleep less than five hours a day. In addition, research has shown that caffeine slows down the process of entering the micro-sleep phase by 20-30 minutes. Moreover, 12% of respondents admitted that they slept an hour less if they drank coffee before bed.
Not everything is as sad as it seems at first. As you can see, it will be easier for you to get off the ground if you use at least one results section of a research paper example. There is nothing better than a sample created by a professional! Do not forget that your task is solely to list your info. Try to be unbiased and include even the smallest details. Any confirmation of your hypotheses is crucial for your paper.